The New Style of Dining
(Family Features) - "Dining used to mean gathering around the table - but that isn't always easy for today's busy families," says style expert Susie Coelho, a favorite of Home & Garden Television (HGTV) viewers.
"We're eating more meals on the go, and in more casual places - in the car, in the stadium stands, at a tailgate. But that doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice style. Vanity Fair napkins lend a simple, warming `touch of class' to any meal - no matter where you are!"
Georgia-Pacific Corp., the maker of Vanity Fair napkins, asked Susie for a few easy, helpful tips on how you can use high quality Vanity Fair napkins to complement your every day eating occasions!
- The family that cooks together ... : Families have more fun - and communicate better - when they prepare meals together. Let kids help choose tonight's menu, chop vegetables, stir the sauce or lay the table. And when you add accents to your everyday table, such as colorful placemats, wooden napkin rings and white Vanity Fair dinner napkins, you teach kids that mealtime matters.
- Back-to-school style: Kids (and dads!) love little surprises in their lunchboxes, from notes to homemade goodies. Adding a couple of Vanity Fair napkins is a great way to make "just another" cafeteria lunch seem special. Spill-prone kids love how strong and absorbent they are, and dads appreciate their thickness and generous size.
- Take flair outdoors: Barbecues, picnics, soccer matches, football tailgates - every season brings another great reason for families to eat outdoors. Plastic wineglasses, a small bouquet of flowers in a glass bottle and Vanity Fair Elegant Dinner napkins are easy, sure-fire ways to dress up your picnic basket or tailgate spread.
- Dress up the drive-thru: If, like many time-pressed people, you're a fan of the drive-thru lane, keep a stash of Vanity Fair napkins in your glove compartment and add some flair to your fast food forays. They're strong and absorbent in their generous size and ensure that they'll cover your lap.
- Cut down on washing dishes: Use Vanity Fair napkins to carry snacks from the kitchen to the family or TV room. Strong and big enough for snacks like cookies, sandwiches and fruit, they can stand in for plates.
- Style - it's in the details: When you're entertaining family and friends, special touches aren't just for special occasions anymore. Even for a simple supper or informal brunch, it's fun to put down a colorful patterned tablecloth and fill a small pitcher with wildflowers for a simple, attractive centerpiece. Add some Vanity Fair napkins and your table is "set" - these small entertaining details all add up to show your loved ones how much you care.
- Hold a "fold-a-thon": Keep the kids busy while you cook. Give them a stack of Vanity Fair napkins and challenge them to come up with creative ways to fold them. The family votes on the best, and the winner gets to choose tonight's TV show!
Folding Napkins, With Style
When you're setting the table for an easy meal at home, "casual" and "quick" don't have to mean "drab." Even when the plates are plastic and the menu simple, Vanity Fair napkins can serve up a side of visual pizzazz. They're perfect for folding into festive shapes, and the only limit is your imagination.
To get your creativity simmering while dinner bakes or steams, look over these two folding ideas - the Pretty Posy and Standing Fan creations, pictured in the photos. Ready? Grab some napkins and go!
Reviews and Comments: