(Family Features) - There's a hint of green in the yard. Those spring bulbs I planted last fall are starting to show their colorful presence. And I'm ready to shake off winter and welcome spring. An Easter brunch is the perfect occasion to let fresh air into the house and breathe deeply!
The star of my spring brunch is a savory, cheesy potato dish that is studded with onion and bacon. My version of this always-favorite casserole uses frozen hash brown potatoes for convenience. This recipe serves six, and it always disappears - so you might want to make an extra one for backup. After all, fresh spring air stimulates appetites!
Make your Easter brunch a family affair by getting the kids involved in making invitations, setting the table and making Easter basket gifts for each guest.
- Having a crowd? This casserole is perfect as part of a buffet.
- Round out the menu with a coffee cake or sweet rolls and a fruit salad.
- If weather allows, arrange seating on the porch, patio or deck.
- Have the kids tuck a package of flower seeds into each Easter basket for a touch of spring.
- Make copies of this recipe for Potato Bacon Casserole - your guests will ask for it!
For creating tempting brunch dishes, whether savory or sweet, visit www.VeryBestBaking.com for springtime inspiration.
Jenny Harper is Consumer Test Kitchen Project Manager for the Nestlé Test Kitchens and VeryBestBaking.com.