Popcorn: An Oscar-worthy Snack
Red Carpet Party Pops
(Family Features) - Whether you are hosting a dazzling Hollywood-style gala or a small gathering with close friends and family for the Annual Academy Awards show on, one movie-favorite food - popcorn - is a must-have, Oscar-night treat. Most wouldn't view a movie without those large fluffy kernels, and the Oscars should be no different.
Red Carpet Party Pops - a festive and fun popcorn treat - is a clear winner for any celebration. The party pops are made with JOLLY TIME Blast O Butter - the only popcorn to be called "Ultimate Theatre Style Butter Microwave Pop Corn" and a top choice for movie night. Add some luscious, creamy melted caramel to lend the "stick" needed to shape these chocolate truffle-style treats. Top them off with a drizzle of sweet chocolate and pretzel "handle," and these party pops bring pizzazz to any party.
These yummy pops are a new twist on an old favorite and will make Oscar night, or any movie night with your family, a sweet treat.
Red Carpet Party Pops
- 1 3.5-ounce bag JOLLY TIME® Blast O Butter Microwave Pop Corn, popped
- 2 cups thin pretzel sticks broken into 1/2-inch pieces*
- 1 14-ounce package caramels, about 48, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- Butter or margarine
- About 72 whole thin pretzel sticks
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line 3 large cookie sheets with waxed paper; set aside. Spray inside of large mixing bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Open bag carefully and pour popcorn into large bowl; discard any unpopped kernels. Add broken pretzels to bowl; stir well.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels and water, uncovered, on high 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every minute. Pour over popcorn and pretzels; stir until evenly coated. Let stand 5 minutes.
- With buttered hands, shape popcorn mixture into 1-1/4-inch diameter balls; form each around a whole pretzel stick leaving bottom half of stick extending beyond popcorn ball to form "handles." Place on cookie sheets. Let popcorn balls stand until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips according to package directions. Let cool 2 minutes; pour into a sandwich-size resealable plastic food storage bag. Squeeze out air; seal. Cut off small corner of bag. Holding by pretzel stick "handles," squeeze chocolate decoratively over popcorn balls. Return to cookie sheet. Let stand until chocolate is set, 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes about 6 dozen
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*Break pretzels into 1/2-inch pieces before measuring.
Reviews and Comments: