(Family Features) - Celebrate Mother's Day with a fun gathering that gets your entire family together -brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews - and honors every mom. Family too far away? Gather your closest friends and their families and toast all moms present. Host a breakfast or brunch that's easy for the kids help with in a big way.
Since breakfast in bed is a time-honored cliché to celebrate Mother's Day, make it a breakfast-fest by serving pancakes sprinkled with chocolate mini morsels. Perfect for any choc-o-holic mom, these strawberry-topped pancakes are a hit with both young and young at heart. And they're easy enough for kids to make and serve.
Planning will help make Mother's Day memories everyone will cherish:
- Have kids use email to make invitations quick and easy.
- Kids can design a scrapbook of their favorite memories of Mom - photos, souvenirs, funny things that she says.
- Set the table with bright colors; include a little potted flowering plant, such as an African violet, at each place setting for moms.
- Serve a fruit salad to enjoy while waiting for the junior chefs to deliver pancakes hot from the griddle.
- Have a camera handy to document the celebration.
- Let moms sit and relax over a cup of coffee while everyone else cleans up!
Making Mother's Day memories starts in the kitchen, so check out sweet ideas for every season at www.VeryBestBaking.com.