(Family Features) - Calling all creepy costumed creatures and ghoul-friends! Treat your friends and family to a ghostly good time. Instead of chaperoning your kids door-to-door this Halloween, why not stay inside and throw your own fun fright night?
Gather in the kitchen and create some fun with refrigerated ready-to-bake cookie dough. Using two different kinds of bar dough-brownie and chocolate chip-your creative goblins can design a party-worthy Halloween treat. Easy for even the littlest hands, this baking project is one that's made for the whole gang.
While the party treat bakes ... eek, drink and be merry!
- Make the mood by choosing some scary background music.
- Offer Sloppy Joes from the slow-cooker, a veggie tray, and apple cider.
- Have a "scariest" costume competition.
- Turn down the lights and tell age-appropriate ghost stories.
- Document the fun with a digital camera, and take a picture of the Jack O'Lantern Party Treat before it's cooled enough for everyone to dig in!
Remember this sweet party treat throughout the year when the kids want a special baking project. Encourage them to create other designs-hearts, short words, ghosts, stars & moon, snowmen, Santa, animals, their initials or random art-with this two-toned cookie sensation.
For seasonal baking fun throughout the year, and ideas for gathering everyone in the kitchen, visit www.VeryBestBaking.com.
Next Halloween, the only door they'll be knocking on is yours!