(Family Features) - As this year's brides eagerly anticipate upcoming nuptials, 'tis the season to shower them with festive attention. If it's your turn to host a bridal shower, make a streamlined plan so you can join in the fun.
Casual gatherings are more popular today than over-orchestrated events, so keep your shower plans focused on celebrating the bride and giving her a fun time to treasure. Serve some lemon desserts or beverages, which are refreshing, not-too-sweet and highlight a tongue-in-cheek reflection of the sweet 'n' sour mix of married life.
Make it delicious, memorable and fun!
Sweet, stress-free tips for a fun shower:
- Determine your menu and ask a couple guests' help with making punch or treats.
- Invite guests that know each other or that know at least a few people at the party.
- Have a few close friends arrive early to help with last minute details and to bring the party to life.
- Designate an area for the bride to sit to open her gifts. Stock the area with scissors, trash containers and a notepad and pen to record who gave what gift.
- Provide a disposable camera or two to record the fun for the bride's scrapbook.
- Designate who will be the bride's note taker and photographer before the event starts.
- Recipe sharing: include recipe cards for dishes served at the shower, for guests to take home; ask guests to fill out "Happy Marriage Recipe" cards for the bride.
For more enticing desserts with lemon and other dreamy flavors, visit www.VeryBestBaking com.