(Family Features) - When the sun starts to sizzle, your taste buds crave something cold, delicious and citrus-flavored. Raise a salt-rimmed glass to the margarita, the classic drink created in honor of beautiful Mexican showgirl Rita de la Rosa in 1938. We've come to love its tequila, Grand Marnier, and lime flavor so much, we now want it in everything - from cocktails to marinades and bastes, side dishes, guacamoles and desserts.
A great margarita starts with a premium, top-shelf tequila like Jose Cuervo Gold with its subtle blue agave notes, a hint of sweetness and a rich and well-balanced character of oak and vanilla tones. Grand Marnier, the popular French liqueur made from cognac and wild oranges, adds a little sophisticated savoir faire. Juice from freshly-squeezed limes provides the welcome sour tang. On the rocks or frozen? Salt-rimmed glass or plain? It's up to you.
For a deliciously no-fuss cocktail, pour your guests a top-shelf, ready-to-serve margarita. With a bottle or two on hand, summer entertaining is a lot easier. Not only can you just pour and serve, you can also use Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita as a big-flavor ingredient in vinaigrettes for salads; in marinades, bastes and glazes for grilled food; or drizzled over desserts. Get the party started!
This summer, please remember to drink responsibly. For more recipes and information, visit www.cuervo.com.
Whip Up a Summer Drink
To whip up your favorite margarita or summer drink, try The Magic Bullet, the ultimate gadget for summer entertaining.
- Blend up individual drink orders and serve them in the same party mugs they blended in.
- Blend, chop, dice, grind, puree and whip - in a fraction of time it takes a conventional blender to do the same tasks.
- Easy to operate and easy to clean.
- Fits in the corner of any bar or countertop. No need to store heavy and bulky items like blenders, mixers, juicers and food processors.
Check it out at www.buythebullet.com.
- 2 cups Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita
- 2 scoops orange sherbet
- 1 cup champagne
- 1 splash grenadine
- Place margarita, sherbet and champagne in Magic Bullet and mix.
- Pour and garnish with a splash of grenadine.
Makes 4 to 6 drinks
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite cut diced tomatoes with zesty jalapenos, drained
- 1 can lime juice
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped in Magic Bullet
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 2 teaspoons dried
- 3 tablespoons Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Peel, seed and mash avocados. Add all remaining ingredients. Refrigerate one hour.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Recipes with alcohol that are not cooked, such as salad dressings or dips, should not be served to individuals under the age of 21.
- 1/2 cup Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita
- 1 tablespoon Montreal chicken seasoning
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 8-ounce can chunk pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 small onion, chopped in Magic Bullet
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 16-ounce bag egg noodles, prepared according to package instructions
- Place margarita, chicken seasoning, teriyaki, pineapple juice and chicken in gallon resealable bag. Refrigerate chicken marinade 2 to 4 hours.
- Take chicken out and reserve marinade. Place oil in large skillet and sauté chicken on high heat until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté vegetables and pineapple 3 minutes, add more oil if needed. Add cornstarch to reserved marinade and add to pan. Simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over egg noodles.
- 2 pounds flank or skirt steak
- 3/4 cup Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried
- Mix all ingredients in 1 gallon resealable storage bag and refrigerate at least 12 hours. Remove steak, shake off excess seasoning and grill 5 to 7 minutes per side; test for doneness.
- Serve as main dish or with fried peppers and onions. Accompany with flour tortillas and favorite fajita sides.
Serves 4 to 6
Reviews and Comments: