Hearty and Hassle-Free Steak and Potato Skillet
Steak & Potato Skillet
(Family Features) - A classic combination becomes a weeknight sensation when comfort foods meet savory staples in a scrumptious Steak & Potato Skillet. Ready in about 20 minutes, this hearty meal is perfect for families on the go.
Tasty and time-saving, READ German Potato Salad is the hassle-free version of one of America's most popular salad choices. Use this convenient on-hand staple as a quick side dish or in combination with other ingredients to create more soon-to-be family favorites like this skillet recipe.
This super simple supper pairs either lean top sirloin steak or ground beef with onion, garlic, peas and tomato. The tangy potato salad adds an unexpected but delicious flavor complement to the beef and vegetables. Fresh basil and sour cream round out the dish that's easy on the cook, satisfying for the family - the perfect weeknight dinner!
For more information about READ® products, visit www.senecafoods.com.
Steak & Potato Skillet
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, trimmed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (15 ounces) READ German potato salad
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch slices. Toss with lemon pepper and garlic to coat evenly. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large (12-inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add half the beef and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until outside of beef is no longer pink. Remove and set aside. Repeat with remaining beef mixture, adding 1 teaspoon more oil, if necessary. Remove beef and reserve.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes until softened. Stir in potato salad. Return beef to skillet; stir in tomatoes, peas, sour cream and basil; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Preparation and Cooking Time
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe):
Makes 4 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Ground Beef & Potato Skillet Variation
Substitute 1 pound lean ground beef for the steak. Omit olive oil. Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Season with lemon pepper. Stir in potato salad. Stir in tomatoes, peas, sour cream and basil; cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Reviews and Comments: