Mix It Up With Jenny - Winter Warm-Ups
Cranberry Kissed Cinnamon Rolls
(Family Features) - Cold Januarys - like the ones here in Ohio - make me feel like summer is so far away! But I have some recipes that warm me up and fill the house with such wonderful smells that I soon forget about the cold of outside.
The smell of these cinnamon rolls makes my mouth water. And this indoor twist on classic s'mores brings fond memories of campfires to the whole family. Best of all, they're both so easy - which means that I can cure my cabin fever in no time at all!
Warm up your winter with more recipes at VeryBestBaking.com.
Jenny Harper is Consumer Test Kitchen Project Manager for the Nestlé Test Kitchens and VeryBestBaking.com.
Cranberry Kissed Cinnamon Rolls
Cure cabin fever with the smell and delicious taste of these wonderful cinnamon rolls.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen white yeast bread dough, thawed, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Nestlé Toll House Premier White Morsels, divided
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- GREASE two 9-inch-round baking pans.
- ROLL 1 bread loaf into 16 x 10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- SPREAD 1 tablespoon softened butter over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle 2 tablespoons over dough leaving 1/2-inch border around sides. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup morsels and 1/2 cup cranberries, firmly pressing morsels and cranberries into dough.
- ROLL up dough tightly, starting at short end; seal edges with water. Cut into 6 slices; place cut side up in prepared baking pan. Repeat with remaining bread loaf, butter, sugar mixture, 3/4 cup morsels and cranberries; place in second prepared baking pan. Cover; let rise in warm place until dough almost fills pans, about 30 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes in pans on wire racks.
- MELT remaining morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in powdered sugar and milk to make a stiff glaze. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: For whole-wheat cinnamon rolls, substitute whole-wheat dough for the white bread dough.
- 48 graham cracker squares, divided
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) Nestlé Toll House Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 12l arge marshmallows, cut in half
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line baking sheet with foil. Arrange 24 graham cracker squares on prepared baking sheet; set aside.
- BAKE cookie dough on another baking sheet according to package instructions. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies from baking sheet and place one warm cookie on each graham cracker square on foil. Top each cookie with one marshmallow half.
- BAKE for 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are soft. Immediately top s'mores with remaining graham cracker squares.
Reviews and Comments: