Mix It Up With Jenny - Easter Made Easy
Mini Lemon Lime Tartlets
(Family Features) - I love celebrating Easter with friends and family, but I don't always have a lot of time to prepare an elaborate party. Fortunately, I've learned a few tricks to keep it simple while still making it special.
A crisp white tablecloth is the perfect backdrop for any number of simple table decorations:
- Flowers - put bunches of tulips, daffodils or hyacinths in small vases or pretty teacups. These can be set on top of each plate, or grouped together on cake stands.
- Easter grass runner - spread colorful Easter basket grass down the length of the table. Then set Easter decorations on top, like chocolate bunnies or decorated eggs that you haven't yet made into deviled eggs.
- Easter basket - fill a pretty Easter basket with a mix of fruits and vegetables. Artichokes, lemons and apples look and smell great.
Keep the meal simple with a make-ahead casserole or store-bought honey baked ham and easy sides. Then for dessert, set out a tray of these Mini Tartlets. Using refrigerated cookie bar dough means you can make them in no time. Lemon, lime or both - these little bites of sunshine are the perfect way to end the day.
For more delightfully easy recipes, visit www.VeryBestBaking.com.
Jenny Harper is Consumer Test Kitchen Project Manager for the Nestlé Test Kitchens and VeryBestBaking.com.
Mini Lemon Lime Tartlets
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) Nestlé Toll House Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough
- 1 can (14 ounces) Nestlé Carnation Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel) or regular cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups thawed fat free, reduced fat or regular frozen whipped topping
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Additional lemon and lime quarter slices, peel curls or grated peel (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 325º F. Paper-line 24 muffin cups.
- CUT dough along pre-scored lines; place one piece of cookie dough in each muffin cup.
- BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cookies will be puffy. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- BEAT sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese in large mixer bowl until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping. Divide mixture into two medium bowls. Stir lemon juice and lemon peel into one bowl and lime juice and lime peel into other bowl.
- POUR about 3 tablespoons lemon cream cheese mixture over 12 cookie cups. Repeat with lime cream cheese mixture and remaining cookie cups. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Decorate with lemon and lime quarter slices, curls or peel, if desired.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Makes 2 dozen
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: Love lemon but not crazy about lime? Simply double the lemon juice and grated lemon peel and leave out the lime to make 24 lemon tartlets. Tartlets may be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Reviews and Comments: