Valentine's Day Deliciousness
Glazed Brownie Hearts
(Family Features) - On Valentine's Day, there's no better way to express your feelings for a loved one than to bake some delicious treats. Your favorite sweetheart will enjoy sinking his or her teeth into these Glazed Brownie Heart treats that taste just as good as they look.
If you have an entire party of cupid-crazed friends and family members to entertain, this Brownie Heart can serve as the perfect personalized place card that they can devour later. These treats are perfect for customizing and can even occupy the little ones with a Brownie Heart decorating station.
With a recipe that's as easy as it is delicious, you'll have more time to enjoy with your loved ones. All that is needed for this darling recipe is a simple brownie mix, frosting and a heart-shaped cookie cutter. These goodies will definitely score "brownie points" with your holiday honey. For additional ideas, visit BettyCrocker.com.
Glazed Brownie Hearts
- 1 box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch) or Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 container (1 pound) Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- Betty Crocker Decorating Decors multicolored candy sprinkles or colored sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with foil. Grease foil on bottom only of pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make brownie mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Bake as directed for 13x9-inch pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Using foil to lift, remove brownie from pan; remove foil. With deep 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut 14 brownies. Place brownie hearts on a cooling rack or waxed paper.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on High 10 to 30 seconds. Stir; frosting will be thick and spoonable. DO NOT BOIL. Carefully spoon melted frosting over brownies to glaze, allowing excess to drip down sides. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles before frosting sets.
2 hours 25 minutes
Makes 14 brownie hearts
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
For added color and texture, mix 1/4 cup Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting and enough red food color to make pink frosting in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on High 10 seconds. Drizzle over chocolate-glazed hearts.
Reviews and Comments: