Hop Into Spring
A Bunny for Your Honey
Easy Bunny Cake
(Family Features) - Every year, friends and family emerge from hibernation to say farewell to winter and welcome spring with open arms. Whether you're celebrating Easter, Earth Day or any other cheery spring occasion, this darling Bunny Cake is a great way to enjoy the happiness and rebirth that comes along with the season.
Children will love helping with this simple Bunny Cake recipe because they can customize it to make it their own. For example, surround your bunny cake with some grass made out of shredded coconut that has been colored with green food color, or really make the cake stand out by making it a polka-dotted or striped bunny. The Easy Bunny Cake recipe, which makes a pair of bunny cakes, is also a great centerpiece until it is time to indulge and enjoy.
Bunny GamesIf you have more than a few guests, bake multiple bunny cakes, split up into teams, offer several different types of candies and decorations and challenge each team to come up a creative bunny cake.
After the cakes are judged and the dessert is enjoyed, send the kids outside for bunny hop races. In this relay race, the participants, who are split into two teams, will take turns hopping through the pre-determined course and pass to the next person by transferring bunny ears or a carrot stick.
For the Easy Bunny Cake and many other fun and delicious recipes, perfect for spring, visit www.BettyCrocker.com.
Betty Crocker® and SuperMoist® are Reg. T.M.s of General Mills Inc.
Easy Bunny Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 containers (1 pound each) Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Neon purple and/or pink food color
- Construction paper (inedible)
- 2 small marshmallows, cut in half, flattened
- 2 small jelly beans, cut in half
- 2 5-inch strips rainbow-colored sour candy, separated into strips
- 2 large jelly beans or candy-coated chocolate-covered peanut candies
- 2 rectangular-shaped white chewing gum pieces, cut in half
- 2 large marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make, bake and cool cake as directed on box for 2 (8- or 9-inch) round cake pans, using water, oil and eggs.
- In medium bowl, tint 1 container frosting with neon purple food color. Using 1 cake round, cut in half to form 2 semicircles. Arrange halves on serving plate with cut side down and flat sides together with 1/4 cup frosting to form body.
- Frost cake with frosting. Cut teardrop-shaped ears from construction paper; insert into cake. Using toothpicks to attach, use 2 small marshmallow halves and 2 small jelly bean halves for eyes. Use large jelly bean for nose and sour candy strips for whiskers. Place gum halves just below nose for teeth. Use large marshmallow for tail.
- Repeat with remaining cake to make second bunny, using pink neon food color. Frost and decorate as above.
2 hours 10 min
Makes 2 bunny cakes, 16 servings
Reviews and Comments: