Celebrate Summer with Sensational Sliders
Blue Cheese Sliders
(Family Features) - Warm weather, long days and baseball games are all tell tale signs that summer is here, but nothing evokes the season quite like the savory scent of a sizzling barbeque.
Friends and family across the country gather for backyard bonanzas to celebrate summer and traditional American holidays like Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. While hamburgers and hot dogs have been staples of barbeque menus for years, modern party throwers are always looking for new tips and recipes to satisfy guests at celebratory cookouts.
Here are a few ideas to help you throw a sensational summer soiree:
- Guard Your Guests: Shield your guests from the summer heat by setting up a large umbrella over the patio table, place chairs under trees for shade or have an outdoor fan running. When the sun sets, make sure the party is well lit by hanging festive lanterns and deter pesky insects with citronella candles.
- Keep Cool Knowing You're Prepared: To fully enjoy the day, plan in advance as much as possible. Be sure to stock up on supplies like plates, napkins, utensils and ice. Get charcoal or refill the propane tank beforehand, and clean and season the grill rack the morning of your barbeque.
- Create Hot Spots: Make different areas of interest around your yard to prevent everyone from congregating in one place. Put your bar opposite of where you're serving the food. Set up games for both children and adults to encourage movement around the party and interaction with each other.
- Super Size Fun with Petite Portions: Dishes with smaller serving sizes are currently the rage and offer guests more tastes to choose from. Give guests petite portions of classic barbeque favorites like sliders, mini chicken sandwiches or hotdog bites. A number of perfect party recipes are available at King's Hawaiian Bakery's website, www.kingshawaiian.com.
Here is a delicious recipe that will be sure to keep your friends and family talking about your summer barbeque all year long.
Blue Cheese Sliders
- 1 pound of your favorite ground beef
- Steak seasoning (2-ounce container)
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 12 pack King's Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Hand press ground beef on a cutting board until flattened to approximately 2 inches.
- Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut-out the slider patties and lightly season each. Set aside.
- Heat barbeque to medium heat and coat the grill rack with vegetable oil.
- Brown the patties by cooking for 4-5 minutes, allowing each side to cook for about two minutes.
- When the patties are almost done, top each with blue cheese.
- Remove the patties from the grill once the cheese is melted.
- Split rolls and lightly brush the insides with olive oil before toasting on the grill surface (brushed-side down).
- Place patties in the toasted rolls and serve.
Makes 6 servings
Reviews and Comments: