(Family Features) - A family movie night can be a great chance to relax, recharge and enjoy a fun couple of hours with your nearest and dearest, right in the total comfort of your own living room. Here are some ideas to help make your at-home movie nights magic.
• Make movie night a regular thing, and before you know it everyone will look forward to this fun family time. Friday nights can be a good time for many families, but you can make movie night any time.
• Having a hard time coming to a movie watching consensus? Popsecret.com is a great resource to choose a movie together. Pop Secret's innovative Movie Night Maker tool helps you put together the perfect movie night. It is user-friendly and allows you to select a movie based on the occasion, mood and who will be watching the movie together. The Movie Night Maker also offers an option of sending out movie night invitations via Facebook or e-mail, ordering the movie from Amazon.com and receiving a recommendation for the perfect Pop Secret popcorn flavor to pair with the movie. With so many great family-friendly films out there, you're sure to find something that will appeal to everyone.
• Make your movie-watching nest as comfortable as possible. Chances are you'll be watching the movie at night, just before bedtime. Make the most of the relaxed atmosphere and settle in for the evening. Have the kids bundle up in their coziest pjs and put on your most comfy pair of sweats. Bring out the extra blankets and pillows - even puffy sleeping bags if you're so inclined. Let the kids curl up on the floor while you cuddle on the couch.
• Create a real movie-theater experience in your living room with all the right snacks. Of course you'll need plenty of popcorn. Reach for Pop Secret's new Magic Colors butter flavored blue popcorn, with free glow-in-the-dark tattoos inside, so you can watch your movie with the Pop Secret kernels. Grab enough bowls for everyone to have their own, then pop up bags of your favorite Pop Secret flavor to fill each one. Don't forget the sweets, either. Make sure you have plenty of Nestlé Goobers and Raisinets on hand for those who prefer a little chocolate with their movie.
• Unplug and enjoy the moment. Shut off the phones (or at least silence the ringers), ban text messaging until after the final credits have rolled and turn off the lights.
Let Pop Secret help you take your family movie night to the next level. Pop Secret is bringing you the ultimate movie watching experience. Visit www.PopCameraAction.com and enter for a chance to win instant prizes and qualify for a chance at the ultimate grand prize. You'll have two thousand chances to instantly win a 2-month Netflix subscription, and one lucky winner will receive the Ultimate At-Home 3D Movie Package - including a 3D TV and glasses, Blu-ray player and much more. Pop Secret will also be giving away celebrity swag bags online during the Academy Awards, so visit www.PopCameraAction.com often to increase your chances of winning.
Academy Awards is a registered trademark of the A.M.P.A.S.
Nestlé Goobers and Raisinets are registered trademarks of Société des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland