Spice Up Game-Day with Chili
(Family Features) - For a great game-day party, give rivaling fans one thing they can agree on - the food. Ditch traditional finger foods for a hearty, winter classic with a spicy Southwestern twist.
A hearty mix of ground beef and beans, with hints of chili powder, cilantro and barrel-aged Tabasco sauce, Game-Day Chili is sure to become a household tradition. Serve the chili with an array of toppings on the side - like Cheddar cheese, red onion and original Tabasco sauce - allowing guests to customize their own bowl. For more fan-pleasing recipes visit www.Tabasco.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons original Tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, optional
- Chopped red onion, optional
- Cilantro sprigs, optional
- Heat vegetable oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In drippings remaining in saucepan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until well browned on both sides, stirring frequently. Stir in chili powder and salt; cook one minute. Add tomatoes (and their liquid), kidney beans and Tabasco sauce. Heat mixture to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn and cilantro; heat through.
- Garnish with shredded Cheddar cheese, red onion and cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Makes 6 servings
Reviews and Comments: