Liven Up Game Time
7-Layer Taco Dip
(Family Features) When it's time to watch the big game, kick the party up a notch with foods that will keep the party going from kickoff to post-game interviews.
These ideas from Bob Evans will keep fans satisfied throughout the season:
Dips and Appetizers: Finger foods made more fun with a little extra zip.
- Sausage con queso dip - Spicy sausage, cheese and your favorite salsa - a tasty combo with just the right amount of heat.
- 7-layer taco dip - Made with Bob Evans Original Roll Sausage, it's zesty, it's cheesy and it's tasty. Just don't forget the tortilla chips for dipping.
- Spicy meatballs - Serve on their own or in a hoagie bun.
- Wings - Jerk, Buffalo, or barbecued. Have plenty of extra napkins.
Sides: Skip the same old stuff and spice things up.
- Corn on the cob with chipotle lime butter.
- Jalapeño cornbread.
- Smokin' hot baked beans.
Desserts: Sugar and spice - how very, very nice.
- Gingersnaps or molasses-spice cookies.
- Snickerdoodle cookies.
- Vanilla ice cream with cinnamon topping.
- Cheesecake brownie bites with raspberry sauce.
For more ways to liven up your game-time food, visit www.bobevans.com.
7-Layer Taco Dip
- 1 pound Bob Evans Original roll sausage
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (11 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced black olives
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips
- In large skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until browned. Stir in beans, chilies and taco seasoning mix.
- Spread sausage mix into 7 x 11-inch serving dish. Top with sour cream, then salsa. Sprinkle olives, tomato and onion on top. Cover with cheese.
- Serve immediately with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Whether you're hosting a watch party, or headed to a tailgate, having the right foods for the big game is crucial. Use these appetizer, side dish and dessert ideas to kick game time up a notch and try this recipe for a delicious dip that will be the hit of the season.
Reviews and Comments: