NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
1. SPONSOR The Culinary.net Giveaway ("Giveaway") is sponsored by Family Features Editorial Syndicate, Inc., 5825 Dearborn St., Mission, KS 66202 -2745 ("Sponsor").
2. ELIGIBILITY NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Giveaway is open only to natural persons who are legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age as of the Opening Date and who meet the following eligibility requirements and have read and agreed to these Official Rules ("Entrants"). LIMIT: One (1) entry per person. Employees of Sponsor, culinary.net and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, current advertisers on culinary.net, and those associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this Contest ("Sponsor Entities"), and members of each of their respective immediate families (parents, children, siblings and spouses) and their household members, are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the registered user of the email account will be deemed the winner, provided all other requirements are met.
3. IMPORTANT GIVEAWAY DATES Opening Date: 8/09/2013 at 3:00 p.m. Central Time Closing Date (Deadline for receipt of entries): 8/18/2013 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time
4. HOW TO ENTER To enter the contest, visit www.culinary.net ("Website") during the period between the Opening Date and the Closing Date, and follow the on-screen instructions to submit a completed official entry form.
5. PRIZES: Watermelon Goodies (cutting board, knife, pot holder, 2 dishtowels, dish scrubbie). Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Watermelon Goodies (cutting board, knife, pot holder, 2 dishtowels, dish scrubbie): $50.00. Total ARV of All Prizes: $50.00. LIMIT: One (1) prize per person. Odds of winning any prize depend on the number of eligible entries.
Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except that Sponsor may substitute prizes of equal or greater value due to prize availability. Any expenses not stated herein (including without limitation federal, state and local taxes or any other applicable fees or costs not expressly identified above that are related to participation in the Contest or acceptance and/or use of any prize) are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS On or about 8/19/2013, potential winners will be selected from eligible entrants who comply with the Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor.
Potential winners will be notified by e-mail on or about 8/20/2013 and must respond to the notification via e-mail within three (3) business days of Sponsor's issuance of notification. Failure by any potential winner to respond completely and within the designated timeframe to the potential winner notification may result in forfeiture of the prize, and another winner will be selected as determined by the Sponsor, subject to verification. Any potential winner notification returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate potential winner. All prizes will be awarded.
By accepting any prize, each winner grants permission to Sponsor and Sponsor Entities to use his/her name.
8. GIVEAWAY ADMINISTRATION Sponsor and Sponsor Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or unintelligible entries, technical malfunctions, lost connections, transmission errors, inability to access the Website or any online service, downtime, or any other error or malfunction; (ii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by from participating in the Giveaway or acceptance, possession or usage of any prize; or (iii) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors associated with theGiveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or adjust the dates of the Giveaway at any time should a virus, bug, technical problem or other cause corrupt the administration, security or integrity of the Giveaway, and Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Giveaway or winning a prize if it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by submitting any unauthorized content, cheating, hacking, deception, using automated voting, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any participant, Sponsor or any of the Sponsor Entities. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS By participating in the Giveaway, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Giveaway, entries and winners, and you waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Official Rules.
Sponsor and Sponsor Entities shall have no liability and shall be held harmless and are hereby released by you and those acting on your behalf from any and all damage, loss, liability or any injuries to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of your participation in this Giveaway, the entry you submit or the publication or use of all or any portion thereof, or your acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prize shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kansas, and shall be resolved exclusively by individual arbitration in Kansas City, Kansas, without resort to any form of class action. Any and all claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney's fees.
10. RULES/WINNERS LIST The winner's list will be posted on the Website on or about 8/20/2013. To receive a copy of the winner's list, send a request with a stamped, self-addressed envelope before 8/20/2013 to: Culinary.net | 5825 Dearborn Street | Mission, KS 66202. For a copy of the complete Official Rules, visit the Website before 8/20/2013 or send a request with a self-addressed stamped envelope before 8/20/2013 to: Culinary.net | 5825 Dearborn Street | Mission, KS 66202. Vermont residents may omit return postage.