By: Lindsay Rutten (@lindsaymarieskckitchen)
I am so excited to share this recipe with you all! This recipe is one of our favorites in my house.
My boys love creating this meal together as a family and enjoying the amazing flavors at the end. It is such a fun recipe to get children involved with as they will love rolling the noodles up! My boys also love pairing this dish with an antipasto salad and fresh garlic bread.
I highly recommend throwing some music on, grabbing a glass of wine and spending some time creating this simple meal together with family or friends.
Cheesy Lasagna Roll-Ups
- box lasagna noodles
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces, plus additional for sprinkling, finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 ounces, plus additional for sprinkling, shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup, plus additional for sprinkling, fresh basil, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- garlic bread
- fresh prepared salad
- In large pot, add water, sprinkle salt and bring to boil.
- Place dry lasagna noodles in boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and place in ice bath.
- To make cheese: In large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, 8 ounces Parmesan cheese, eggs and1/2 cup chopped basil; set aside.
- To make sauce: Heat pan on low-medium heat, add olive oil and minced garlic; cook until garlic is slightly brown.
- In separate pan, saute red onion until softened; add cherry tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, if desired, and water. Simmer gently.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- On cutting board, lay cooled noodles out, spread cheese mixture over top of each noodle; gently roll all noodles. Place in oven-safe baking dish.
- Cover noodles completely with sauce.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until sauce is simmering or bubbling.
- Serve hot alongside garlic bread and fresh salad.
I’m Lindsay, a single mother to two amazing young men, a healthcare worker, and a lover of all foods. I moved to the Kansas City area in 2005 to pursue my nursing degree and just recently finished my BBA. My favorite thing to do after work is to get in my kitchen and create new recipes & memories with my children. Throughout the past year, my children have spent almost every night in the kitchen cooking with me & have come to love it as much as I do. I hope you enjoy these recipes and I cannot wait to share more with you all in the future!