By: Lindsay Rutten (@lindsaymarieskckitchen)
As a single mother of two boys while working full-time, I make it a point to create healthy and easy meals with incredible flavor.
After a heart surgery at the beginning of 2020, I had to make some major life changes, and it began with natural and organic ingredients.
I decided a few years ago to involve my children in the cooking process at least two nights per week. At first, my children were not so fond of this plan but have grown to absolutely love creating new recipes together in the kitchen. It has become the highlight of our days!
While I enjoy creating “fancy” meals on the weekends, I do enjoy the simplicity of easier meals throughout the work and school week. When November started, I decided to create a flavorful, slow-cooked turkey breast to enjoy throughout the week.
This recipe was ready to be placed in the oven before my coffee was done brewing and was so incredibly juicy and delicious!
I am so excited to share this simple and easy dinner with you all!
Champagne Herb Turkey Breast
- Turkey breast (full-size turkey could be used for larger families)
- 1/2 bottle champagne (1 bottle for full-size turkey)
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary, thyme or oregano
- 1 teaspoon cracked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 F.
- Place turkey breast or turkey in deep, oven-safe pan. Poor champagne over turkey breast. Juice lemon over turkey breast. Place fresh herbs in champagne base. Sprinkle crushed sea salt and black pepper over turkey breast. Cover pan with foil.
- Place in oven 6 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
I’m Lindsay, a single mother to two amazing young men, a healthcare worker, and a lover of all foods. I moved to the Kansas City area in 2005 to pursue my nursing degree and just recently finished my BBA. My favorite thing to do after work is to get in my kitchen and create new recipes & memories with my children. Throughout the past year, my children have spent almost every night in the kitchen cooking with me & have come to love it as much as I do. I hope you enjoy these recipes and I cannot wait to share more with you all in the future!