Calling all cream cheese lovers! If you are anything like me, you’re always on the hunt for new recipes to bring to holiday gatherings. I don’t want anything that will take forever to make or prep, and that’s why I fell in love with these Savory Cheese Balls. Most of the ingredients were in my pantry but with a quick and low-cost trip to the grocery store, you’ll have an amazing appetizer everyone will be sure to devour.
No matter what your holiday gathering may look like this year, this recipe is an absolute must! You can serve all three variations with a large platter of crackers, fruit and vegetables or pick your fave and refrigerate what leftovers you may have. Either way, I hope this recipe brings you a little bit of cheer and a lot of yummy goodness for the holiday!
Savory Cheese Balls
- 2 packages (8ounces each) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- crackers (optional)
- fruit (optional)
- vegetables (optional)
- Cut each cream cheese block into three squares. Roll each square into ball.
- In small bowl, combine caraway seeds, poppy seeds and half the garlic.
- In second small bowl, combine parsley, thyme, rosemary and remaining garlic.
- In third small bowl, combine cranberries and pecans.
- Roll two cheese balls in seed mixture, two in herb mixture and two in cranberry mixture.
- Cut each ball in half and serve with crackers, fruit or vegetables, if desired.
If this recipe happens to delight you during your holiday festivities, we’d love if you would tag us @culinary_net on Instagram and use #MyCulinaryConnection. That way, we can wish you a happy holiday directly. Wishing you all the best!
Hi! I’m Abby the Digital Marketing Specialist at Family Features. Digital marketing constantly pushes me to try new things and always has me staying up-to-date on the never-ending trends and digital updates. This has 100% translated into my life in the kitchen, too. I am always eager to try new ingredients and love to see what new flavors and combos are up and coming. I can’t wait to share new recipes and where my curiosity for new things takes my taste buds!