By: Bianca Miller (@littlehouseinop)
These Zucchini Boats are delicious! I have made a variety of different types of boats, but these have to be my FAVE. I mean, look at these little tiny pepperonis and perfectly melted CHEESE. Not to mention, these little boats mimic pizza with better ingredients and are SO easy to throw together.
Also, you could easily play around with this recipe by using different types of marinara or using a few different spices. This is definitely going to become a staple in our house, especially considering it took approximately 25 minutes from start to finish! Quick, easy and delicious – my favorite type of recipe!
- 4 zucchinis, halved lengthwise
- 1 jar (16 ounces) marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, divided
- olive oil
- 2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mini pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Scoop out insides of each half zucchini and place in medium bowl.
- In medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine zucchini insides, marinara sauce and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Place six hollow zucchini halves in baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and remaining Italian seasoning. Scoop sauce mixture into zucchini. Top with mozzarella cheese and mini pepperonis.
- Bake 15-17 minutes. Switch oven to high broil 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown, watching closely.
HI Sweet Humans - my name is Bianca and I am the human that runs Little House in OP. I am a lover of all things food, fashion, and making my home as cozy as possible. I am a teacher by day and an entrepreneur by night. I have lived all over this crazy place (Australia, New York City, North Carolina) yet, I ended up right back where I started in good ole' Kansas City. I have worked on the Today Show as a stylist and even dabbled in radio, now I happily reside as a teacher to a bunch of wonderful little humans! As I have settled into a career, I have been able to explore my other interests like FOOD! Above you'll find one of my NEWEST recipes! I hope you enjoy these little boats of deliciousness as much as I do! xo, BRM.