Dessert 23 August 2019
Maya Gold Chocolate Mousse Cake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- Melted butter
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds, plus extra for dusting pan
- 2 bars (3 1/2 ounces each) Green & Black’s Dark 70% Cacao
- 1 bar (3 1/2 ounces) Green & Black’s Maya Gold
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- confectioners’ sugar or edible gold dust
- Heat oven to 350° F. Brush pan with melted butter and dust with ground almonds, shaking off excess.
- In top of double boiler over barely simmering water, melt chocolate bars, sugar, butter and sea salt. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs with ground almonds and fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into 8- or 9-inch springform cake pan and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan and leave cake on bottom part to cool. Using sifter, dust with confectioners’ sugar or brush with gold dust before serving.