(Culinary.net) In honor of the day when everyone is Irish, welcome family and friends to a traditional St. Patrick’s Day lunch with this Reuben Sandwich recipe.
Find more seasonal recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices rye and pumpernickel swirl bread
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 6 ounces corned beef
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons, Thousand Island Dressing, divided
- 4 tablespoons sauerkraut
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon butter on one side of two bread slices. Place buttered side down in heated skillet. Add two slices cheese to each bread slice. Spread 2 tablespoons dressing over cheese slices. Add 3 ounces corned beef to each bread slice.
- Spread 2 teaspoons dressing over corned beef. Spread 2 tablespoons sauerkraut over corned beef.
- Spread remaining butter on one side of remaining bread slices. Place buttered side up on top of sauerkraut.
- Cook 4-7 minutes each side, flipping once, until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 2 slice marbled rye bread
- Thinly carved leftover corned beef brisket
- Drained sauerkraut
- Drizzle of Thousand Island dressing
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- Layer thinly carved leftover corned beef brisket on a slice of marbled rye bread. Top with drained sauerkraut, a drizzle of Thousand Island dressing and sliced Swiss cheese. Top with second bread slice and grill in heated nonstick skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.