(Family Features) Although you may share a passion for a favorite sports team, not everyone has the same taste when it comes to the tailgating menu. Enter these seven dips: from a yogurt turmeric dip to spicy buffalo chicken dip, you’re sure to please nearly every game-day guest.
There won’t be any trash talk when it comes to this dip. It’s the ultimate ooey, gooey, cheesy dish that’s sure to be all the rage at game-day parties and social gatherings.
Games and wings go hand-in-hand, but you can keep hands mess-free with this alternative that combines all the flavors of savory Buffalo chicken wings in a warm, creamy dip.
Think outside the box this season with a dip that is the perfect blend of salty and sweet. Bacon, Georgia peaches, sweet onions and a brown sugar bourbon marinade are complemented by pecans for a nutty, crunchy finish.
Low-fat yogurt and milk blend with golden turmeric and cinnamon for a tangy dip just waiting for crispy dippers like pita chips and veggies.
Move over cheesy, chili dips – the tangy sweetness of orange juice, carrots and honey make for a simple dip you can feel good about devouring.
Warm up with this crowd-pleasing dip made with fresh spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese and Parmesan.
Simply mix together a can of black beans, chopped tomatoes and spices like chili powder and cumin for an easy dip to throw together for last-minute guests.
(Family Features) Whether you want to step up your hosting game or just plan to contribute to the game day spread, it’s easy to create the perfect plan with an array of premium food, without the premium price tags.
Simplify party prep and cleanup: Paper towels, plastic cutlery and game day-themed plates and napkins can make post-party cleanup a breeze, not to mention festive. Save time on party prep by picking up everything you need at one location. You can find these paper goods and all the ingredients for a tasty spread, including fresh produce, meats, dips, chips and snacks, at a grocery store like ALDI. There are plenty of options to fit nearly every lifestyle and budget.
Make it buffet style: Let your guests serve themselves on game day. Buffets showcase a wide variety of dips, chips and snacks and are an affordable, fun option to please all your guests. This party trick also makes it easy to grab a quick bite between plays or during commercial breaks.
Go after unusual suspects: Elevate traditional dips, hummus, guacamole and salsa with different dipping options. Crostini, crispbread, gluten-free crackers and unexpected veggies like rainbow carrots, sugar snap peas and asparagus would add dimension to your menu and put a spin on your favorite game day snacks.
Get out of the kitchen: Just because you’re hosting should not mean you don’t get to enjoy yourself. Avoid spending hours in the kitchen with this crowd-pleasing Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. Mix the ingredients in a slow cooker, turn it on high and then you’re ready to kick off the party.
Find more ideas and recipes for game day at ALDI.com.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Recipe courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds Kirkwood Never Any! Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Burman's Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Tuscan Garden Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 8 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon sea salt from Stonemill Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 teaspoons pepper from Stonemill Peppercorn Grinder
- 1 cup Happy Farms Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, hot sauce, ranch, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Turn slow cooker to high and cook 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken. Add cheese to slow cooker and stir. Turn slow cooker to warm and enjoy with tortilla chips, baguettes or crunchy veggies.
Tip: For easy shredding, place cooked chicken breasts in stand mixer with paddle attachment and turn on low until shredded.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images
(Family Features) The days are getting longer and hotter and you’re itching to head outside to kick off grilling season. After a few weeks of eating the same boring burgers and hot dogs, you’re looking for something a little more exciting (and so are your guests). These recipes can help take your grilling skills to the next level and make your next party something to brag about.
When people come over for Buffalo chicken, they expect authentic flavor, so give the people what they want by making Buffalo chicken sandwiches with Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce. Frank’s RedHot was the secret ingredient used in the original Buffalo wings recipe in 1964.
For maximum flavor, each Buffalo chicken sandwich gets a quarter of the bottle of sauce to bring in just the right blend of flavor and heat. Take it to the next level by marinating the chicken in the sauce for at least 30 minutes so it can absorb the unmistakable Buffalo flavor that will send any party into overdrive. Add the tangy blue cheese and cool, crisp lettuce and tomato and you’ve got the perfect bite for a hot summer day.
Now that you’ve proved your grilling chops to most of the party crew, it’s time to kick it up a notch. Every party’s got a few tough critics, so it’s key to make something impressive and delicious that appeals to a different palate. Enter: Sweet Chili Ribs.
Start with two full racks of pork spareribs then load them up with Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce, garlic and ginger, making sure to spread that mixture all over the ribs. Grill them low and slow for 2 hours then pour another half-bottle of sauce over top for good measure and grill for another hour. After your guests have a chance to taste these sweet and tangy, fall-off-the-bone ribs, they’ll talk about them all summer long.
For more grilling tips and recipes, visit franksredhot.com/recipes.
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (if thick, cut horizontally into two even pieces)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 4 hard rolls, split
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- lettuce leaves (optional)
- tomato slices (optional)
- red onion rings (optional)
- Marinate chicken in 6 ounces Buffalo wings sauce for 30 minutes, or up to 3 hours.
- Mix remainder of Buffalo wings sauce and dressing together. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Grill chicken 12 minutes, turning once, or until no longer pink in center.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixed sauce on each roll half. Place chicken on top of roll half and top with 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles.
- Add lettuce, tomato and onion rings, if desired. Top with second roll half. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
Sweet Chili Ribs
- 2 full racks pork spareribs, trimmed (about 6 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce, divided
- Heat grill to 250° F and prepare for indirect cooking.
- Spread ribs with ginger and garlic. Place ribs on rib rack or in foil pan. Cook on covered grill 2 hours.
- Spread 6 ounces sweet chili sauce evenly over ribs then cook another hour, until tender.
- Baste ribs with remaining sweet chili sauce during last 15 minutes of cooking. If desired, at end of cooking time grill ribs over direct heat to char slightly.
Source: Frank's Red Hot