- 5 tablespoons Organic Valley Cultured Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1/2 cup homemade bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Organic Valley Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound organic dry pasta in elbow or other small tubular shape
- 4 tablespoons organic flour
- 4 cups Organic Valley Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 cups (24 ounces) grated Organic Valley Sharp and/or Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and combine with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta per package directions, drain, and return to pot.
- In large heavy saucepan, melt remaining butter over low to medium heat. Add flour and whisk until golden. Add milk; continue whisking and cooking until sauce thickens slightly. Add dry mustard and grated cheese, whisking until cheese melts into sauce. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir to combine well. Transfer macaroni to a 4-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until lightly golden and bubbling.
6 to 8
Source Organic Valley
- 4 ounces bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups Wolfgang Puck Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 3 large Russet potatoes, cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives
- Cook bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from saucepan. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add butter to saucepan and cook and stir until melted.
- Add leeks, onion, carrot and garlic to saucepan and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth.
- Add potatoes and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the broth mixture is thickened.
- Stir cream and cheese in saucepan and cook until cheese is melted. Season with black pepper. Crumble bacon. Sprinkle soup with bacon and chives before serving.
Makes 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Hungry Jack Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- MIX sour cream and water in medium bowl until well combined. Add pancake mix, cheese and bacon pieces. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with paprika. Serve warm.
Makes 24 appetizers
Source Hungry Jack
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons Old El Paso salsa
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese (6 ounces)
8 Old El Paso flour tortillas (8 inches in diameter)
4 teaspoons butter or margarine
Mash beans slightly; stir together with salsa, green onion, cilantro and cheese. Divide mixture among 4 tortillas, spreading almost to edges. Top with remaining tortillas.
Melt 1 teaspoon butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-low to medium heat. Cook 1 quesadilla in butter 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Cut into wedges. Repeat with remaining butter and quesadillas.
Makes 8 servings
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cayenne (red) pepper to taste
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounces) Chicken of the Sea Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In small mixing bowl, combine chopped red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
- Adjust seasonings to personal preference. Stir in egg, salmon and 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs. Form mixture into 6 to 8 balls.
- Roll salmon balls in remaining breadcrumbs; flatten into cakes about 1/2 inch thick. Fry salmon cakes in melted butter over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side.