(Family Features) While everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal, eating the same dishes over and over again can turn the meal that fuels the rest of your day into a lackluster one at best. From pancakes and waffles to eggs on toast, even these tried-and-true classics can wear out their welcome on your kitchen table.
Mixing up your meals – and adding in breakfast favorites such as bacon – is the perfect way to make any dish better, no matter what time of day you choose to put breakfast on the table.
Full of flavor, Farmland Hickory Smoked Bacon is hand-trimmed, slow smoked and available in several varieties, so any meal from brunch to dinner can delight your taste buds.
Switch things up with a quick and easy breakfast pizza, or put a new twist on a traditional breakfast sandwich by replacing the standard biscuit or muffin that holds it all together with a doughnut – both recipes are sure to be a hit for breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner.
For more ideas to put breakfast-inspired meals on the table all day long, bacon lovers can visit farmlandbaconclub.com to find original videos, contests, giveaways and extreme bacon recipes.
Bacon Doughnut Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 slices Farmland Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 glazed doughnuts
- 4 slices real cheddar cheese
- Fry bacon for 10 minutes, until outside is crispy and brown.
- In large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and saute spinach until wilted. Set aside.
- In another large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until melted. Carefully crack eggs into skillet and fry until yolk is done.
- Assemble sandwiches as follows: doughnut bottom, spinach, egg, slice of cheese, bacon, doughnut top.
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza
Makes 1 pizza
- 1 package (16 ounces) Farmland Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 can (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes with onions and peppers, partially thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Cook bacon according to package directions; drain.
- Press crust into lightly greased 14-inch pizza pan, forming 1/2-inch rim. Bake 5 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes, bacon and green pepper over crust. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over pizza.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown and eggs are set.
Source: Farmland Foods