(Family Features) School is back in session, and so are hectic weeknights with little time to cook dinner. Instead of reaching for ready-made meals or takeout, serve up tasty one-pot dinners made with wholesome ingredients like spaghetti squash and quinoa. These seven kid-friendly recipes bring everything together in a single baking dish or skillet, so there's less prep and clean up, and more time for reconnecting around the dinner table.
Source: McCormick Spice
(Family Features) Celebrating the holidays with family meals and activities is what the season is all about, and when those moments and at-home projects are kid-friendly, you can get the whole gang involved.
A simple weeknight at home during the holiday season can turn into family fun time starting with a recipe like these Reindeer Hot Dogs, a dish that requires little prep time and allows for help from little ones. Made with Gwaltney Hot Dogs, a tasty, kid-friendly dinner solution requires just a handful of easy-to-find ingredients.
Once everyone is finished eating and all have pitched in to help with cleanup, turn your attention to a family activity that transforms everyday supplies into this Wooden Snowman Ornament for seasonal decor to hang on a tree or elsewhere in the house.
Find more kid-friendly recipes to involve the whole family at gwaltneyfoods.com.
Reindeer Hot Dogs
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package Gwaltney Hot Dogs
- 1 slice white cheese
- black olives
- Heat oven according to crescent roll package directions.
- Cut hot dogs into three equal sections.
- Lay out crescent rolls and wrap around middle sections of hot dog pieces.
- Cut triangles out of end sections to look like antlers.
- Cut two slits at top of dough; press end hot dog pieces into slits.
- Bake according to crescent roll package directions. Cut out small circles from sliced cheese for reindeer eyes. Cover cheese pieces with small slices of black olives for pupils. Add ketchup to hot dogs for red noses.
Wooden Snowman Ornament
Craft courtesy of Gwaltney
- 7ice pop sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Foam paintbrush
- Black paint
- White paint
- Googly eyes
- Colored craft foam
- Line up six ice pop sticks next to each other vertically.
- Place line of hot glue horizontally across sticks, about one-third of the way down, and adhere seventh stick to create brim of snowman’s hat.
- Using black paint, brush top third (brim to top of hat) and let dry.
- Mix glitter into white paint and brush lower two-thirds of sticks, creating snowman’s face.
- Use googly eyes, colored craft foam, sequins and buttons to create details of face and hat, such as mouth, nose and hat decor.
- Glue piece of string to backside to hang ornament.