(Family Features) Creating a nutritious family dinner doesn’t have to mean sacrificing favorite dishes. For a healthier take on a traditional ethnic meal, these Blended Tacos involve blending ground beef with mushrooms before adding your desired toppings. Find more recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council
Yield: 12 tacos
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound 80 percent lean ground beef
- 12 crunchy taco shells, warmed
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 large tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded (optional)
- In small bowl, mix chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and salt. Stir in water and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chopped mushrooms and ground beef and cook thoroughly, about 7-10 minutes. Carefully drain excess grease, if necessary.
- Add seasoning mixture to mushroom-meat mixture and stir to combine. Bring to simmer and cook 3-5 minutes.
- To assemble, add about 1/4 cup mushroom-meat mixture to bottom of each taco shell. Layer shells with cheese, tomatoes and lettuce, if desired.
Cheesy Chicken & Rice Bake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (regular or 98% fat free)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 4)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- MIX soup, water, rice, onion powder and black pepper in 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with additional pepper. Cover.
- BAKE at 375°F for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is done.
- UNCOVER. Sprinkle cheese over chicken. Remove chicken and stir rice before serving. Serves 4 to 6
Source: Campbell's Soup
- 4 (10- to 14-ounce) Omaha Steaks rib eye steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 teaspoons Blackening Seasoning (recipe below) or Omaha Steaks Blackened Seasoning
- 1 cup Creamy Horseradish Sauce (recipe below) or Omaha Steaks Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- Heat a cast iron skillet until very hot, in a well ventilated area.
- Brush steaks with olive oil.
- Coat each side of the steaks with 1 teaspoon of blackening seasoning.
- Place steaks in the iron skillet, flipping steaks halfway through cooking. To cook a 1-inch-thick steak medium rare, cook about 4 minutes on first side and 3 minutes on other side.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of Creamy Horseradish Sauce on each plate before topping with the cooked steak.
- Blackening Seasoning - Yield 1 cup -Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce - Yield 1 cup -Combine all ingredients and mix well.
SOURCE: Omaha Steaks