Ahhhh....soda floats. Remember being a kid and getting so excited for a root beer float or a coke float during the hot days of summer? One scoop, then two scoops of vanilla ice cream plopping into the glass. Oh and the root beer, the delectable liquid sugar being poured over the scoops of vanilla ice cream creating a frothy white foam at the top of the glass. You just couldn't wait to drop in a straw and slurp it all up.
Well, nowadays we like to change things up a bit. We like to take a classic and give it twist. VOILA! introducing the Watermelon Soda Float. Not only do you get to plop in scoops of your favorite vanilla ice cream, but you'll add in some watermelon balls, a bit of lime zest and fizzy water to give you the awesome fizz and frothy foam you loved as a kid.
When it's a hot summers day, you'll be pleasantly surprised with the refreshing taste of watermelon, vanilla ice cream and fizzy water in this frothy concoction.
For more beverage ideas, go to culinary.net.
Watermelon Soda Float
- Vanilla Ice cream (2 scoops)
- 12 watermelon balls
- 1/2 cup watermelon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup fizzy water
- Mix lime zest with watermelon water.
- Place 6 watermelon balls in tall glass.
- Add 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Add in remaining watermelon balls.
- Add 2nd scoop of ice cream.
- Pour watermelon water over the watermelon balls and ice cream.
- Top off with fizzy water.
Recipe adapted from Watermelon Board.
When it's summertime, you crave for something cold and fruity. Combine frozen strawberries with frozen pink lemonade concentrate and you have a recipe for deliciousness. This fizzy summertime strawberry treat will delight your tastebuds and keep you quenched while basking in the sun.
Find more drink recipes at culinary.net.
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen sliced strawberries, sweetened and thawed
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled (may substitute for ginger ale)
- 1 can (12oz) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Pour strawberries in a blender and process until blended thoroughly.
- Pour strawberries into a large pitcher; stir in soda and pink lemonade.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.