- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Vanilla Frosting
- 1 can Duncan Hines®, Comstock® or Wilderness® Strawberry Pie Filling & Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions.
- Cool cakes on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Arrange one cake on serving plate and evenly spread with 1 cup frosting, leaving sides bare. Add layer of pie filling on top of frosting. Top with second cake layer. Garnish with remaining frosting and pie filling.
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toast 1/2 cup coconut 5 minutes or until lightly brown; set aside.
- Bake pastry shell 8 minutes; cool slightly. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat eggs. Add sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool. Chill if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
48 minutes (total)
Makes one 9-inch pie
Notes, Tips & Suggestions:
Custard Pie: Omit coconut. Proceed as above.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 Honey Maid Graham Pie Crust (6 ounces)
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs and mix until blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Top with fresh strawberry slices if desired and serve.
Source: Kraft® Foods