Roasted vegetables with taco seasoning mix turns a simple selection of vegetables into a trouble-free Southwestern side.
- 4 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes (yams), cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, cut into small chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into small chunks
- 1 6-ounce package portabella mushroom slices, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix (about half a 1.25-ounce packet)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with foil.
- In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, zucchini, onion and mushrooms. Toss with olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and spread vegetables on baking sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes, shaking pan every 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and roasted.
Total Fat: 4g
Makes 8 1/2-cup servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Pop any leftovers into a soup pot with some chicken broth for a terrific Southwestern vegetable soup.
This recipe is from "Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific(tm) Diabetic Cooking" (American Diabetes Association, $18.95). For more recipes, visit www.hollyclegg.com.