Take your crescent rolls to the next level with this recipe for Marshmallow Crescent Puffs. The flaky crust and sweet marshmallow filling will be a sure delight to your tastebuds. Find more recipes at www.culinary.net.
Marshmallow Crescent Puffs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 TBS all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons of milk
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Seperate crescent dough into 16 triangles. Dip 1 marshmallow into the melted butter, then roll in the sugar mixture. Place coated marshmallow at the tip of the crescent triangle (small end) and roll dough completely around marshmallow working your way to the large end of the pastry. Seal seems tightly then dip bottom of dough round into melted butter and place into muffin pan (butter side down).
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 1 minute. Remove puffs from muffin pan onto wire cooling racks set over waxed or parchment paper.
- How to make glaze: Mix powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Add more milk if needed to get desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over warm rolls. Sprinkle with nuts (optional).
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.