Seafood 06 August 2015
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cayenne (red) pepper to taste
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounces) Chicken of the Sea Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In small mixing bowl, combine chopped red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
- Adjust seasonings to personal preference. Stir in egg, salmon and 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs. Form mixture into 6 to 8 balls.
- Roll salmon balls in remaining breadcrumbs; flatten into cakes about 1/2 inch thick. Fry salmon cakes in melted butter over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side.