Poultry 11 August 2015
- 1 10-ounce package plain couscous
- 3 fresh mandarins, peeled and separated into segments
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced, including some green top (about 1/2 cup total), divided
- Curry Vinaigrette, divided (recipe below)
- 12 ounces frozen grilled chicken strips, heated according to package directions
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, remove to large bowl. Stir mandarin segments, cranberries, nuts and half green onion into couscous; add half of vinaigrette and toss well. Arrange on large serving platter; top with chicken. Drizzle evenly with remaining vinaigrette and garnish with remaining green onion. Serve immediately.
- Curry Vinaigrette: In small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup mandarin juice or white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon honey and 1/3 cup canola or other vegetable oil.