- 12 (4-ounce) halibut fillets, skinned
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 7 ounces pecans
- 1 3/4 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and mustard.
- Using the Magic Bullet, finely chop pecans in small bullet cup.
- In third bowl, combine chopped pecans and breadcrumbs.
- Set the 3 bowls in a row, with baking pan at end for placing fillets. First dredge each fillet in flour, shaking excess back into bowl. Then dip fillet in egg mixture to coat, and place in pecan mixture. Press lightly to coat both sides of fillet with nuts and place fillet on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining fillets. (Fillets can be refrigerated up to 2 hours before sautéeing.)
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saute pan over medium heat. Add as many fillets as will comfortably fit in pan. Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until light brown. (Fillets can be drained on paper towels and refrigerated up to 6 hours before baking.)
- Arrange sautéed fillets on baking sheets and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with Dijon Cream Sauce.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Helpful Hint: To make chopping nuts easier, add a little sugar to bullet cup. Pulse to keep from grinding nuts too finely.