Mini Three-Cheese Balls
Yields 24 to 30 balls
- 1 4-ounce log fresh goat cheese
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups coarsely grated Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 cup non fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- Dash hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans
- In a food processor, process cheeses with onion, yogurt and chives until well blended. If you'd like, add a dash of hot sauce.
- Shape into mini balls and roll in slivered almonds or chopped pecans and chives, or spread in serving dish and top with nuts/chives.
- Chill several hours or until ready to serve. Serve with flat breads, fresh vegetables, etc.
Tip: You can also mix nuts into cheese mixture and use to stuff cherry tomatoes and peppadews, sweet peppers or top cucumber rounds, mini party breads, etc. Chill several hours or until ready to serve.
- 1 rounded cup fresh or frozen cranberries (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Angostura Orange Bitters
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- If using frozen cranberries, spread berries out on cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut large cranberries in half.
- In large bowl, combine flour with sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nuts and egg; blend thoroughly with whisk. Stir in cranberries.
- In small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, orange zest, orange juice, bitters and vanilla extract. Add to dry ingredients and stir gently until fully moistened; do not over mix. Spoon batter into pan and smooth out top.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let rest in pan 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely for at least 1 hour before slicing.