(Family Features) While lemon is a traditional summer flavor, you can add a little extra to your gatherings – from picnics and brunches – with this classic dessert. Quick and easy to make, these Lemon Bars feature a soft crust and a tangy, sweet filling topped with powdered sugar.
Find more recipes perfect for summer at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this delicious recipe!
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups, plus 3 tablespoons, all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus additional, for topping
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup light cream, half-and-half or milk
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Line 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil; allow overhang. Grease foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Using pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles crumbs. Press mixture into bottom of baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes.
- To make filling: In medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, remaining flour, lemon zest, lemon juice and light cream.
- Pour filling over hot crust. Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Grasp foil overhang and lift from pan. Cut into bars. Sprinkle powdered sugar over bars before serving.