(Family Features) It wouldn’t be summer without a fresh fruit pie. Sink your teeth into sweetness with every bite of this Fresh Strawberry Pie.
Find more summer recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Fresh Strawberry Pie
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury
- 1 pie crust
- 6 cups whole fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- Press pie crust into 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9-11 minutes, or until lightly browned. Completely cool pie crust, approximately 30 minutes.
- In blender, crush strawberries to make 1 cup. In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add crushed strawberries and water. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange sliced strawberries in cooled crust. Pour cooked strawberry mixture evenly over strawberries. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and desired toppings.