(Culinary.net) In honor of the day when everyone is Irish, welcome family and friends to a traditional St. Patrick’s Day lunch with this Reuben Sandwich recipe.
Find more seasonal recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices rye and pumpernickel swirl bread
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 6 ounces corned beef
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons, Thousand Island Dressing, divided
- 4 tablespoons sauerkraut
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon butter on one side of two bread slices. Place buttered side down in heated skillet. Add two slices cheese to each bread slice. Spread 2 tablespoons dressing over cheese slices. Add 3 ounces corned beef to each bread slice.
- Spread 2 teaspoons dressing over corned beef. Spread 2 tablespoons sauerkraut over corned beef.
- Spread remaining butter on one side of remaining bread slices. Place buttered side up on top of sauerkraut.
- Cook 4-7 minutes each side, flipping once, until golden brown and cheese is melted.