Chewy Toffee Almond Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups (10-ounce package) Skor English Toffee Bits
- or Heath Bits 'O Brickle Almond Toffee Bits
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 3/4 cup Mounds Sweetened Coconut Flakes, divided
- Heat oven to 350°;F. Grease sides of 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until well blended. Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Meanwhile, combine toffee bits and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until toffee is melted (about 10 to 12 minutes). Stir in 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup coconut. Spread toffee mixture to within 1/4-inch of edges of crust. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup almonds and remaining 1/4 cup coconut over top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly. Cool
- completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Reviews and Comments: