Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches
Preparation and Cooking Time
1 hour and 5 minutes
Makes 30 to 35 appetizer servings.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Wine Pairing: Pair either the spicy fruitiness of Trinity Oaks Cabernet or the medium body, herb and fruit aromas of Trinity Oaks Merlot with the rich flavor of roast beef tenderloin.
- 1 center-cut beef tenderloin roast (2 to 3 pounds), not tied
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato spread
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Assorted breads and rolls
- Nutty Herb-Cheese Spread (recipe)
- Caramelized Onion Relish (recipe)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make horizontal cut through center of beef roast, parallel to surface of meat. Cut to, but not through, opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat.
- Combine sun-dried tomato spread and parsley. Spread lengthwise on 1/2 of meat. Fold other 1/2 of meat over to form original shape of roast. Tie at 1-1/2 to 2-inch intervals with kitchen twine; trim off excess twine.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert
- ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in sun-dried tomato filling. Roast in 425°F oven 35 to 40 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.) Refrigerate roast for several hours or until chilled. If desired, roast can be wrapped tightly in aluminum foil and refrigerated up to 2 days. Carve roast into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Assemble sandwiches as desired with breads, spread and relish.
Reviews and Comments: