Brownie Raspberry Bars
Makes 36 to 48 bars
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup red raspberry preserves
- Red food coloring, optional
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In small saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with margarine.
- In large mixer bowl, combine melted chips, biscuit mix, sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla; mix well. Stir in nuts. Turn into well-greased 15x10-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until center is set. Cool thoroughly. In small mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, preserves and food coloring, if desired, until smooth; spread over brownies. Garnish with Chocolate Drizzle. Chill. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Melt 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon shortening. Immediately drizzle over bars.
Reviews and Comments: