Black Bean Quesadillas
Packed with authentic Mexican flavor, this quesadilla features a zesty filling of melted Pepper Jack cheese - perfect for entertaining! Try a kid-friendly variation and use a mild cheese, such as Monterey Jack or Co-Jack, to please younger palettes.
Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese (6 ounces)
- 8 Old El Paso flour tortillas (8 inches in diameter)
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine
- Mash beans slightly; stir together with salsa, green onion, cilantro and cheese. Divide mixture among 4 tortillas, spreading almost to edges. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-low to medium heat. Cook 1 quesadilla in butter 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Cut into wedges. Repeat with remaining butter and quesadillas.
Reviews and Comments: