Coconut Custard Pie
A dessert party is a great way to entertain. This recipe for Coconut Custard Pie will be a sweet favorite with your guests.
48 minutes (total)
Makes one 9-inch pie
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Custard Pie: Omit coconut. Proceed as above.
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toast 1/2 cup coconut 5 minutes or until lightly brown; set aside.
- Bake pastry shell 8 minutes; cool slightly. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat eggs. Add sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool. Chill if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Reviews and Comments: