- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Whaler's Big Island Banana Rum
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 bananas, peeled, halved lengthwise and then crosswise
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- In small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stir sugar constantly with a wooden spoon until it melts and caramelizes to a rich brown color (about 8 minutes).
- Add butter and stir vigorously to combine with sugar. Add rum and then cream, stirring vigorously.
- Add bananas and stir to coat with sauce. Spoon portions over vanilla ice cream and serve at once.
Reviews and Comments: