Blue Cheese Burgers With Red Onions
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 6 hard rolls or baguettes
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Combine beef, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into 12 patties. Mash cheese and blend with walnuts in a small bowl. Divide cheese mixture equally; place on centers of 6 meat patties. Top with remaining meat patties; tightly pinch edges together to seal in filling.
- Oil hot grid to help prevent sticking. Grill patties and onions, if desired, on a covered grill, over medium Kingsford briquets, 7 to 12 minutes for medium doneness, turning once. Cut rolls in half and brush cut side with olive oil. Move cooked burgers to edge of grill to keep warm. Grill bread, oil side down, until lightly toasted. Serve burgers on toasted rolls.
Reviews and Comments: