Banana Streusel Muffins
For a tantalizing twist on banana bread, try these delicious Banana Streusal Muffins. They will be definite palate pleasers.
Makes 12 servings, 1 muffin per serving.
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups Post Selects Banana Nut Crunch Cereal, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped bananas
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon oil
- MIX flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat egg in small bowl. Add milk, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons oil; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in 1-1/2 cups of cereal and bananas.
- SPOON batter evenly into greased or paper-lined muffin pan, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- CRUSH remaining 1/2 cup cereal. Mix with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and cinnamon. Add 1 teaspoon oil; stir until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over muffin batter in cups.
- BAKE at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Reviews and Comments: