Cheese and Sausage Tomato Pie
Makes 1 (12-inch) pizza
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*To substitute Fleischmann's Active Dry Yeast, dissolve 1 envelope in 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°F) with 1 teaspoon sugar. Proceed with recipe as directed, reducing the amounts of water and sugar used for dissolving yeast, accordingly.
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups Pillsbury Best All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's RapidRise* Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Fresh Sausage Regular Flavor, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Wisconsin Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese
- Additional toppings, as desired
- 1 1/4 cups prepared pizza sauce
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt. Gradually add water and 2 tablespoons peanut oil to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to 12-inch circle; place on greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a standing rim by pinching the edge of the dough; prick dough randomly with fork. Let rest 10 minutes. Prebake at 450°F for 5 minutes. Remove from pan; place on wire cooling rack.
- Brush crust surface with remaining peanut oil; spread pizza sauce evenly on crust. Sprinkle with sausage; top with cheeses; add toppings as desired. Bake on wire rack at 450¿F for 10 minutes or until crust is golden. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Reviews and Comments: