Peanut Butter Cup Flecked Ice Cream Pie
12 servings/About 2/3 cup sauce
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
To serve: Allow pie to soften slightly; cut into slices. Drizzle each slice with about 2 teaspoons Peanut Butter Cream Sauce if desired.
*Sold as Splenda
- 1-1/2 cups salted or unsalted finely crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) light margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sucralose, granular form*
- 12 (3.3-ounce bag) Reese's Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures
- 1/2 gallon sugar free vanilla ice cream, softened
- Peanut Butter Cream Sauce (optional) (recipe follows)
- Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures for garnish if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine pretzels, margarine and sucralose in medium bowl; press mixture on bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 30 minutes or until firm. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups; cut in small pieces. Stir peanut butter cup pieces into softened ice cream. Gently spread ice cream mixture in prepared crust. Cover; freeze 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Peanut Butter Cream Sauce: Unwrap and chop 12 (3.3-ounce bag) Hershey's Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures; place in medium microwave-safe bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup light cream. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until peanut butter cups are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred (some peanut pieces may remain). Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Cool slightly.
Reviews and Comments: