Apple-Cranberry Salad With Baby Greens
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe)
- 6 crisp, sweet apples, Fuji, Gala or Granny Smith (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 (4-ounce) jars sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 (5-ounce) packages mixed baby greens
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare vinaigrette and set aside. Peel apples, if desired, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in bowl with celery and cranberries; drizzle with about 3/4 cup vinaigrette and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- When ready to serve, stir walnuts and pimientos into apple mixture. Place salad greens in another bowl. Whisk remaining vinaigrette until well blended and drizzle desired amount over greens; toss gently. Arrange greens on platter or individual salad plates and top with apple-cranberry mixture. Sprinkle feta cheese over top.
Reviews and Comments: